Monday, April 09, 2007

I painted outside last Friday. It seemed a very iffy proposition at first, since it was very cold and windy. Finally, though, late in the morning, with the temperature climbing into the 40s, I decided to throw myself into it.

I selected a spot over at E. P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park. It was sheltered from the wind, in a low-lying area among the trees. It snowed much of the time I was out. Mostly it was light flurries, but sometimes it was snowing pretty hard. Despite the weather, there were bumblebees flying around me. Nuts.

The painting looks good so far. I worked for about three hours before some minor family crises sent me after my wife and children. I'm eager to work some more.

1 comment:

  1. Mark,

    I'm in the market for a painting buddy, but I want someone who won't be distracted from his art by family crises. Can't your wife and children just consult the Internet if a problem comes up while you're out painting?

    Just let the computer be in charge. It's 2004, fer cryin' out loud!

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!