Sunday, December 27, 2009

ink trouble

I tried to run a few more of the garlic prints tonight, but discovered that 39% humidity presents a real challenge when using waterbased inks without anything to slow the drying time. The black ink I was using really was drying out faster than I could use it.

Normally it dries annoyingly fast. I often have to add a little water after each print, and it never lasts through two prints. Tonight, though, I really didn't have enough time to roll it out once. Pretty weird.

I think that if I had worked really quickly, I could have done it, but I think I'd be better off either getting some oil based black (slower drying) to finish out the prints, or buying a medium to add to the ink to slow drying.

Frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!