Monday, October 04, 2010

St. Pierre et Miquelon, Vanuatu


 

A little over a week ago I attended the Louisville Coin Club's annual Fall Coin Show. I was only able to spend about an hour-and-a-half there.  There were about fifty dealers, I guess, and I visited three of them.  The one I spent the most time at was the last.  He had many boxes of inexpensive world coins, and I found some fines ones to fill some holes in my collection.

 

The coin from St. Pierre et Miquelon sent me to do research, for I didn't recall every hearing of those islands before.  I should have, for it's the only North American territory still held by France; a tiny bit of space, but interesting.

 

The other coin is from Vanuatu.

 

The scans of the coins aren't very good.  I might have to see if there is a better setting for the scanner.

 

I bought four other coins, of which I will post pictures later.

 

1 comment:

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!