Monday, November 22, 2010

bulbs

I worked outside quite a bit this weekend, and I feel like it. Right now, so far, nothing is actually sore (except my thumb, which has a small splinter), but I'm stiff and worn out.  Saturday, I mowed.  This not only evened out the grass but also chopped and mulched all the leaves that had collected in our yard. Then I raked out the daylily bed so that it looked a little more presentable.

 

Yesterday, I dug up and divided the asiatic lilies, and also unearthed and rinsed off about half of the gladiolus bulbs.  I'll probably just leave the other half for next year, although I'd like to get all of them up.  They always seem to overwinter pretty well, but some of the bulbs are getting a little crowded and I'd like to spread them out.  Also, digging them up is a great way to get the weeds out of the bed, and the bed is mostly weeds.  The weeding (separating the grass roots from everything else) was most of the work.

 

I don't know where I'm going to replant all those glad bulbs, but figuring it out is half the fun.


 
 

1 comment:

  1. This may have been the last good weekend for working in the yard, weatherwise. Sounds like you accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!