Thursday, June 16, 2011

Noodling


There are noodlers around here, but I don't know any personally. I see or hear it discussed from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling

However, noodling is one of those things I just can't quite get my head around. I almost get it. I almost think it would be fun. I almost think it would be safe. I almost think it would work. However, the act of sticking my hand into underwater holes/overhangs/hiding spots, waiting for something big to bite me, and then pulling it out...that just strikes me as a little too crazy to be enjoyable. If I were starving and I really wanted to catch a fish, I'd try it. But until then, maybe I'll just watch.

1 comment:

  1. I've watched TV reports on noodling for catfish and noodling for snapping Turtles. I'd never do either one, but especially snapping turtles! I value my appendages more than that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!