Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Tree Mural, in progress

I'm not far from completing another section of the play room mural I started for someone last year. This is in the same room as the giant Crayola box.  They asked for a tree in this corner, and left the rest up to me.  I liked the idea of putting in something extra colorful, so I chose macaws. I had planned out a mountainous background, but the water was a spur-of-the-moment idea.
 This isn't actually the most up-to-date photo. Last night I put a lot of work into the tree trunk and limbs, giving them a little more color and dimension.  I must get a good photo of the trunk as it is now, because I think it's my favorite thing about the painting.
Next I will add tall grass to the area between the tree and the water, and then some touching up, then I'll be done!

1 comment:

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!