Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend games

I'm still not playing enough games, but thank goodness I'm able to work a few in over the weekend.

A couple of times this weekend we got out The Magic Labyrinth. The second time, we substituted little dogs for the little plastic witch and wizard pawns, just on a whim.

I recently got a copy of Memoir '44, and Kevin came over to play on Saturday night.  I had only played once before, with Aaron, but I've wanted the game for quite a while, and thought Kevin might enjoy trying it out.

We played the "introductory" Pegasus Bridge scenario, and then played the liberation (successful this time...we'll see about next time) of Sainte-Mère-Église. I think it's a fun game, especially because it's so quick to learn and, once learned, pretty fast-playing. The two games we played used almost exclusively infantry.  I'm looking forward to trying more armor- and artillery- heavy scenarios.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!