Monday, September 29, 2014

Last aluminum can haul


For a few years I collected cans from recycling, getting the cans mostly from the break room at work and from some relatives who set them aside.  It originally started as a means to just set aside a little money for coin collecting, though over the past couple of years my goal has mostly been to get money for table top gaming.  It’s not a particularly fruitful pursuit:  every six to nine months I was taking them to the recycling center, and getting between $30 and $60 per trip.

However, we have decided that garage space is too much at a premium at our house, so Friday was my last trip.  This was $33 worth of cans (about 52 pounds).


I have given my can bin to my co-worker, Carolyn, who wants to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!