Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last Friday I finally started painting on the saw. It’s coming along pretty well. I’ll post photos if I can remember to take my camera next time I go over there.

Still thinking about linoleum block prints. I found my single tube of black water-based Speedball printing ink.

The little robins left their nest a few days ago. I was looking out the front window with Erin and we saw a fledgling hoping around the front yard. The other two were still in the nest, I discovered when I went out to check. By that evening, all three were gone.

It amazes me how fast they learn to fly. A few years ago we watched some young cardinals in Kim’s dad’s back yard. In just a few hours they went from helpless-looking, flightless fluffballs to birds that could fly from ground to branch to fence-top.

I ate some kohlrabi from my garden. I peeled it and sliced it raw. Eh. Perhaps I can add it to some soup or stew. You’d think that a vegetable that’s described as a cross between a radish and a turnip would be a lot more enjoyable. That was sarcasm.

For Father’s Day, my super-sweet wife and daughters gave me a membership to the J. B. Speed Art Museum. http://www.speedmuseum.org/

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Speed:

    While we were looking at Louisville houses for sale online, Sharon saw a house for sale on Speed Avenue. "That sounds like a cool address, 'Speed Avenue'," she said.

    I'd never thought of Speed Ave. as cool, but maybe it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure would make it easy to walk to church on Friday mornings.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!