Monday, October 29, 2007

"Once"

Last night I had the idea to go see a movie with Kim. Originally, I’d been thinking that I’d like to see the 3-D version of “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” but there weren’t showtimes that seemed very agreeable. On a whim, I scanned the rest of the showclock, and noticed a listing for a movie called “Once,” which the Courier-Journal gave four stars. It was at the Village 8, the “cheap theaters.” That’s good, because I’m cheap.

I had never heard of this movie, and looked up a few more reviews for it. The critics loved it. It sounded interesting, so we went.

I won’t describe the film; you can find plenty of reviews. I’ll just say that I thought it was a true little joy of a cinematic experience and I’m really, really glad I saw it.

1 comment:

  1. i've seen some of the best movies at the village 8. was it part of that "louisville exclusive" listing?

    oh, and GO SEE NIGHTMARE 3-D. that's one of my favorite movies ever anyway, but the 3-d version is really great.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!