Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike

Well, I guess it deserves a mention, just because.
 
I don't think I really have anyone who reads this outside of the Louisville area. That means that everyone who reads this is probably at this time without power at their homes.
 
Except Candy. I just looked at her blog.
 
And Kevin. I looked at his, too.
 
Kevin and Brian put up some good photos on their blogs; I took no photos.
 
Our neighboorhood is without power. Today I took as much cheese as I could carry to work, and ate a very cheesy lunch. I was going to take some yogurt, too, but I forgot it and left it on the kitchen counter.
 
Tonight we are going to Kim's dad's house, because he's one of the few people in St. Matthews with what Erin has called "leck-chicadee" to power his lights and stove and refrigerator.
 
We only had fallen sticks in our yard, but there were plenty of big limbs down in our area, and a few toppled trees. I suppose I'd better get out the ladder to check the shingles to make sure the roof is OK.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!