Thursday, September 04, 2008

Palin's daughter

No, not *that* daughter, another one. I don't know her name.
 
I was watching Sarah Palin give her speech last night on NBC, and I witnessed my very favorite moment of both the Democratic and Republican conventions so far. Palin's youngest daughter, who I guess is about six or so, was there with the rest of her family. She was holding her infant brother, and not paying any attention at all to her mother's speech. She was only paying attention to her brother. There, on national television, during what is presumably the most important speech of her mom's life, she gave her palm a huge lick and used it to slick her brother's hair.
 
It was one of the sweetest things I've seen on TV in a long time.
 
That's about as close to political commentary as I get on this blog.


 

2 comments:

  1. I think you've expressed political views on this blog before.
    "if you watch this space wondering when I'm going to cross the line, ... it might not ever happen. Not unless those damn Republicans push me a little farther... I think I caught a glimpse of Ann Northup...at least, I think that was her. Before my middle finger had a chance to react, she was out of sight."

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!