Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Message to WHAS TV 11


Dear Sir or Madam,

 

I watched WHAS's news coverage of the ice storm a few weeks ago, including the school closings. Your coverage was, as always, quite good. One additional thing stood out for me: the music that is played as the school closing list is run.

 

Your news station has used this same music for not just years, but decades!  I remember it being used when I was an elementary student in the '70s.

 

The music to which I refer is orchestral, and has a "Muzak" feel to it, and captures the mood of a snowy day perfectly. It brings back many fond memories, and has the thrill of being associated with the all-too-rare (for a child) snow days.

 

Can you tell me the name of this piece of music, and also tell me how long your station has used it?

 

Please never change it!  I enjoy it whenever I hear it.

 

 

_____

I'll post any reply I receive.

 

4 comments:

  1. I bet Donna Brazil knows what song it is. You should have asked her instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir or Madam,

    The work in question was composed and performed by the Incredible Inman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby Hill was correct. There is a very poor quality bootleg video of Bellavia now on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!