Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Green Digit


A couple of days ago, I told Erin that we needed to pick some more sugar snap peas. They are starting to come in fast now, and there's a small window of a couple of days when they aren't too small or too big.  Erin was eager to run outside to pick them, but I stopped her for a moment at the door.

 

"Make sure the ones you pick are big enough," I told her. "They have to be at least as big as your thumb. No, wait," I continued, noting how small her thumb was, "hold out your hand."

 

Erin held out her hand.

 

I touched her longest finger and said, "Make sure they're as long as this finger before you pick them."

 

She carefully folded back all her fingers except for her middle one, keeping that extended as she ran out the door.  Oops. 

 

I'll have to remember not to make that mistake if I help out the kids with gardening in Kim's preschool class at church.

 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love their innocence.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin is a gardner. She was actually excited to see my tomato plants. Oohed and Aahed over how big the tomatoes were and ran around to the other side to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Erin's first driving lesson! She's growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!