Monday, June 29, 2009

Misc.


 

Here's a photo of some recent stuff I've worked on. Top right: a small watercolor, with pen-and-ink, of a tree at Hounz Lane Park.  I did the watercolor portion on lunch break, and the pen portion that evening.

 

Bottom right is a sumi ink drawing I started on lunch break a last week. It is also a creek-side tree at Hounz Lane Park. After I got home, I used a couple of ink pens to add some detail and shading.  I don't much care for this drawing, in part because the tree resembles a giant hairy wrist or ankle, with the roots a foot or hand sinking into the bank – although this strange appearance has something to do with what attracted me to it in the first place. The roots were weird and elegant.

 

The giraffe is a proof-print of the linoleum block I am carving. It will end up being a three-color reduction print. There will be more photos of that later.  I am going to hunt around for something nicer to print on than regular printer paper, at least for some of the prints.


3 comments:

  1. All the work is very nice. The tree on bank of the creek looks like some large ogre sitting with his back to me. You can see his shoulders about 3 feet off the ground and his right arm running down his side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pure inspiration. Been watching Merlin? I love to draw trees.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures quite a lot, but why does the ostrich's foot have branches?

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!