Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Kentucky State Fair

We went out to the fair a few days ago, and had lots of fun looking at the art and craft entries and the animals.  Then we took what I thought would be a brief visit to the midway.

After quite a bit of discussion, we spent a small fortune on getting the girls bracelets that would let them ride as many rides as they wanted.  I was a little dismayed by the expenditure, but consented.  I'm glad I did.  It was worth it to see them overcome their fears and ride some very big rides, and LOVE it.  They sat together on this one:
...which was very high. I was impressed by their bravery, especially that of my 8-year-old, who was quite nervous at first.

Then she and I got on the Tilt-a-Whirl:



She wasn't sure she wanted to ride it, but I wanted to ride it with her, so finally we both got on it.  At times, it spun so fast that it really pinned me to the back, and I was a little weary of it by the time we exited.  But she got off, convinced her sister to get on, and they rode it together.  The 10-year-old wasn't too fond of it, but her little sister rode it five times in a row, even by herself.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it sounds like the $ was well spent and that everyone had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!