Thursday, July 20, 2017

Last night's dinner

 I'm pretty proud of the dinner I fixed last night. My family enjoyed it and expressed appreciation, but by golly, that's not good enough. I need to record it for posterity and put it in public. No pictures, unfortunately.

I baked and broiled chicken breasts with barbecue sauce, and the sauce clung nicely to it in the oven. It ended up having a very good flavor, but was just a bit too tough.

I sautéed red onion and chard stem; then sautéed salted summer squash with soy sauce; then combined all that with sliced chard leave in the skillet with a bit more soy sauce. That was to go with the white rice I cooked.

I some variety of long, mild sweet pepper that my fiend Gregg grew, split them open, seeded them, and boiled them. I stuffed them with a mix of left over taco filling, cream cheese, salsa, and sautéed diced pepper, then baked, topped with shredded cheddar.

It all went together quite well and looked very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!