Friday, April 25, 2008

Last night I planted peas, and Erin and Jill helped. It's a little late in Spring for pea planting. I put the extras in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator to save to plant in the Autumn for a late crop.
 
After that hard work in the fields, we all went to E. P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park for a hot air balloon event. As we approached the park we saw some balloons in the air, and I feared that we had missed it, that all the balloons had taken off. But as we walked through the park, a balloon drifted low in our direction, and landed very close. I'm not sure I've ever seen a balloon land in person before, and it was fun. We stood and watched among the gathering crowd. It sat there until the crew came, and then we watched them deflate it and roll it up. My daughters did not want to get close; the noise of the fuel jets made them a little skittish. However, after it was all flat and stretched out on the grass, we walked over for a closer look.
 
Too bad our camera batteries were dead.
 
After that, we ran into Laura and her family and chatted for a few minutes, and then we played at the playground. Jill fell asleep on the way home and went to bed dusty.
 
I know, I have a very dull blog.


 


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!