Thursday, April 10, 2008

Misc.

1. I really need to work on some art:
 
A. I have Jill's mural-thing to finish, and it won't take much more to get it done. I could paint a border on it and call it quits, although I'd sort of like to add another butterfly. Besides that, she deserves something else in her room. I should do another little one for her, a quick one with bright colors.
 
B. I also have my unfinished Halloween costume to work on. It's pretty arty. I should get the scary head built up to a nearly complete state, and then work on the frame.
 
C. Brooke and David, your painting can be hung on a wall. I put wire on the back of it. I haven't put any more paint on it, but as I said previously, if I ever find the time I could just ask for it back to work on, right? Gosh, how lousy of me was it to give it to you and then keep it in my garage for four months? I'll give it to you the next time I see you.
 
D. I have not finished the landscape I started in Cherokee Park in October. It is lying in the garage, too, waiting for me and my brush.
 
E. I really want to start something new, too.
 
2. I will have a few uncleaned ancient coins to show around soon. I'll take before and after pictures. I'm pretty psyched; I foresee lots of detective work.
 
3. The past few lunch breaks on which I've gone metal detecting, I've found coins. They've been almost all pennies, with I think one dime and one nickel. It's a paltry sum, but at least I'm finding something other than pull tabs and nails.
 
Today I went to Hounz Lane Park and found a few pennies. It was a very pretty afternoon to be there, although there was a smell of sewage in the air. I think it had something to do with the acre of bulldozed earth in the middle of the park.
 
I put a cardboard box in the back of my car to hold my detecting refuse until I can throw it away. I was dumping junk into an old glass, but it quickly overflowed.
 
4. I have achieved nothing in my garden yet this year, except for having fun with Erin and Jill, who like looking for worms. Judging from the weather forecast, I will not be gardening any this weekend, either.
 
5. "3:10 to Yuma" was pretty good. I found the writing a little disappointing, becoming at times a little too unrealistic or predictable, but Russell Crowe and Christian Bale held it all together very well. The director did a great job of building dread and tensi

 

.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!