Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a few updates


 

Misc:

 

A couple of night ago I made salsa out of tomatoes and banana peppers from Kim's dad, crushed pineapple, green onions, lime juice, black pepper, and red pepper.  It came out pretty good, and I want to eat some more as soon as I can.

 

Garden:

 

Something uprooted a couple of my corn stalks (including the biggest, healthiest one) and ate the little ears off of them. It seems like squirrels would be too small to pull over the biggest plants, and I've never seen deer in our neighborhood, so I'm guessing a raccoon or a possum did it.

 

We're finally getting some big ripe tomatoes. We also have lots of basil, which I used a few days ago for some focaccia, which turned out pretty good, too.

 

Art:

 

I'm almost done with Farmington.  I am now deciding whether I should put a title along the bottom.  I think I will, on the left, inside the grass border, with my signature in the bottom left corner.  I'll have to put it in with graphite and see how it looks.

 

1 comment:

  1. You can borrow my big varmit trap! It's good for opossums and Raccoons.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!