Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Falls of the Ohio - nearly complete

 

The walnut ink drawing is nearly done.  There are a few tiny problem areas I'm looking for a way to resolve; one of the easiest will be to make sure the bridge supports appear a little more vertical.  I might not be able to fix all of it, but I can live with it even if I can't.

 

I'm quite happy with the outcome.

 

I also need to erase the pencil lines (in case you are wondering why I have numbers written over the bridge, it's because I had to number the vertical support beams in order to keep track of them as I drew them and shaded them.  It was very easy to get confused as to which beam was which as I looked back and forth between my drawing and the reference photo.

 

One of the last things I did was lightly brush in the buildings of downtown Louisville in the background.  It took me a while to decide how to do it, but I'm very happy with how they came out.

 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this, Mark. This is before the flood. I wonder how the exact same scene would look right now.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!