Thursday, July 21, 2011

The most dangerous game: trotline version

As I've mentioned, I've recently become obsessed with fishing. However, I don't really have time to fish. One impediment is my regular office job.

It just occurred to me that I could incorporate some catfishing trotline techniques into my daily routine. Quite a few people--the majority, really--here are at least a little catfish-like in their eating habits (I am, too). By which I mean that if any edible substance is left sitting around, it'll eventually get nosed out and consumed. Many of us circle, circle, circle the office prowling for food, then retire to our little cubicles for shelter as conditions change, or to digest our food, or to hide from predators or bright light.

I might satisfy my desire for angling by hanging fishing line from the ceiling in a few spots around the office, enticing morsels dangling...doughnuts, carrots, little packs of cheese crackers, Twizzlers, strawberries. Then I'd sit back and wait for a bite.

I guess maybe I shouldn't use hooks. I can tie the food on, and tie the other end to a camera. Or maybe even just a bell.

1 comment:

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!