Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Plein Air Painting, Early September

 
Here's my plein air painting site from a couple of weeks ago.  It was a pretty, peaceful spot, but I'm not happy with the painting itself.  I probably won't finish it.  It turns out that having a misshapen jumble of rocks in the center of a painting might not be wise, at least if I'm the one doing the painting.  Trying to resolve it so that it reads right is a heap of trouble that may or may not pay off, so I'll probably cut my losses and stop while keeping open the option of returning to it if I get a mixed spark of inspiration and insight.
On the right is an old stone bridge. I don't know if the main flow of the creek used to pass beneath that. Now most of the creek flows to the left, and whatever continued from the bridge is now gone.
There were plenty of fish, and some blue herons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!