Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Plein air painting

 
Here are some work-in-progress shots from last Friday, when I painted out in Middletown.  There's a pretty park out there.  I think I'm off to a good start with this, and I'll be able to finish it at home.
I walked around the park a little before I left.  In one spot, where they are doing construction, I had fun looking around the unearthed chunks of broken limestone for fossils. There were lots of them.  I brought some home to show the girls.
It a little thrilling to think that these ancient signs of life--from when, 300 million years ago?—remained completely hidden and preserved in remarkable detail, and then accidentally unearthed, and I was the first person ever to lay eyes on them.
I think I also located one or two former house sites that I could metal detect.

4 comments:

  1. Love the painting! Do you have people stop to watch you paint or look at your painting? Also, the fossil rock is neat. I bet the girls liked seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, quite a few cars drove by slowly so the occupants could take a look, and a few people stopped for conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. I love when I see an artist out painting. I always want to see what he or she is painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!