Wednesday, March 05, 2008

detecting

Over the past two weeks, I've spent three lunch breaks metal detecting--once at Hounz Lane Park, and twice at the grounds of the former orphanage/children's shelter. My tally for the past two weeks: One corroded penny.
 
I have, of course, found lots of garbage. My most exciting find yesterday was a nail.
 
Today, though, I had a very nice "hit" on my machine and commenced digging. About six inches down I finally found a convex piece of metal with lots of round holes in it. Yes, you guessed it! Cool. An old drain cap.
 
At least, I suppose that's what it is. I'll clean it up and have a closer look before forwarding pictures to the Frazier Museum.


 


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!