Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Commerce, Ears, Noise

George asked me a fantastic question. Yes, everything featured on this blog is for sale! Drawings, paintings, corn, children, cicadas, verbed nouns and nouned verbs, even the parenthetical remarks and the parentheses themselves.
But especially the drawings and paintings.
If anyone wants details, I'll gladly send an e-mail.
.
.
.
.
.
The tallest of the corn in our back yard is now just an inch or two shorter than me. It has flowery stuff on it, so I guess ear production isn't far behind.
Yesterday I noticed that the first of our glads are blooming.
Last week, one of our four remaining sunflowers was knocked over by some critter (a rabbit, I assumed) and the base of the stalk was torn into and chewed up. The plant was about two feet tall, so it wasn't exactly fragile. I figured the flower was a goner, but the top part of the plant has stayed green and is bent up toward the sky; a slim portion of the stalk is still connected to the roots and must still be supplying the water and nutrients to keep it alive. I buried the part of the plant that was lying flat in the hope that it will grow more roots. I'm very surprised it isn't dead, but at this point, if nothing else bad happens to it, I think it will continue growing and maybe even flower.
.
.
.
.
Last night I started watching the Australian thriller "Noise." It's been pretty good, but I'll have to watch the rest with head phones. It's supposed to be an interesting auditory experience, and I sort of got that, but I had to keep the sound down a little because everyone else was asleep. Also, I need it loud in order to decipher the mumbles and accents. Normally I watch movies, especially the non-American ones, with the subtitles on, even when they are speaking English. Otherwise I just can't hear half of what is said. This movie, though, has no subtitles in English or any other language! Nuts. This might be the first DVD I've ever had that was devoid of any subtitle option.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!