Monday, July 07, 2008

Over the past week I've received various inquiries about purchasing some of my artwork, and a number of other very nice compliments regarding same.
 
Is there some kind of conspiracy? Is someone messing with me?
 
Indirectly related to that, my ink drawings have me revved up for more painting. I want to take what I've learned with ink and apply it to acrylics and oils.
 
I sketched a house in the Highland neighborhood; the owner approached me after seeing my most recent drawing of Bellevoir. It's a tough house to draw because it's comprised almost exclusively of symmetrical rectangles. I plan to work on a pen-and-ink drawing of it, and perhaps a painting of another angle (the view looking between that house and the neighbor's house was very nice, by my taste, but it doesn't exactly fit the "paint a picture of my house" mode. Still, I might tackle it.)
 
Another art project I keep thinking about: my Halloween costume. It's just over three months before I want to have it completed, and all I really have close to completion is the head, which I've hardly worked on since last Halloween. I need to finalize my plans for the support frame and buy some PVC pipe.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!