Monday, July 28, 2008

Italian Sunset

Saturday night we attended an around-the-world cocktail costume party. We were to bring a cocktail that in some way pertained to a country, and dress accordingly. Kim and I chose to bring the ingredients for an Italian sunset (amaretto, orange juice, club soda, and grenadine), and I spent a number of hours on Friday night and Saturday preparing our costume.
 
I believe the invitation indicated that we were to dress as the country of origin, and I was the only one to try to follow those instructions in a somewhat literal way. Everyone else wore regular clothing that one might (stereotypically) associate with that country, except for Barbara, who was smashing as Shirley Temple (not pictured). I chose instead to create props from a heavy cardboard box, glue gun, and paint.
 
Pat and Laura served Thai food, which was excellent, and I really had a great time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!