Monday, July 14, 2008

trolling detecting

I find an awful lot of coins by "trolling," which is the term I use for keeping my detector on while walking from one hunting spot to another. I got a haircut at lunch today, and had ten minutes left to kill, so I stopped at a school on my way back. I turned on my detector as I walked towards the playground, and within fifteen seconds I had a tone. It was a 1996 quarter, just out in the middle of a junebug-swarmed grassy field. I found two more pennies under the swings, as well as a piece of can and a small bronze hunk that might have been a penny that went through whatever machinery shreds the tires to make that nice rubbery playground mulch. I also caught a pretty junebug. There were millions of them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!