Friday, October 03, 2008

Drawing stage 4, completed

Here's the finished black walnut ink drawing. There's actually a tiny bit of white acrylic paint and black Pigma Micron marker in it, which I used to clarify some details, but I don't think that's cheating, do you?
The drawing is 6 x 9 on bristol board paper.
Here's something funny: my favorite part of the whole drawing is the small spot in the background vegetation above where the driveway ends, behind the dark tree trunk. I like the sense of light and ambiguity, and the way the smaller tree trunks disappear in and out of the leaves.

3 comments:

  1. you are one super talented guy. my favorite part is how the leaves just so slightly extend past the border on the left and right sides. excellent work. if i liked my house better i'd totally hire you to draw it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!