Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hot Pockets

Yesterday as I got ready for work, I put in my right hip pocket all the coins that I had sitting with my pocket things (all my coins = about ten pennies) as well as four AA batteries that needed to put in my metal detector in case I got a chance to detect on my lunch break. That led to a curious event at about 9:30 as I walked through the office. My leg started to itch; then I felt like something was burning me. I pulled out the contents of my right hip pocket and discovered that the pennies, or at least some of them, were really hot to the touch. I suppose they must have made a circuit. Huh. I won't do that again.
 
So I did go over to the park on my lunch break, and found 98 cents.


 

2 comments:

  1. So...it appears that the batteries are good at detecting metal all by themselves, without those bulky, store-bought intermediaries that the metal-detection industry advertises so heavily in the mass media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will it get hot enough to cook Hot Pockets in your hot pockets?

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!