Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Old Wyoming painting 3

This is the biggest painting I have, at 28 x 48". It's oil on panel, too, from 2000. This is a closer view of Jelm Mountain, a mountain that I liked because it struck me as a very cliched looking mountain, like the rock on the Prudential commercials. At the top was the University of Wyoming's Infrared Observatory. The pinpoint metallic glint of the observatory's dome could be seen 35 miles away in Laramie on a clear sunny day.
 
I like this the best of these three paintings. It's just a much stronger painting overall. There are a few things about it I'm not entirely happy with, but there are some things I really really like. The one single thing, however, that I think really holds this together and gives me the greatest joy is the line of fence posts across the middle.


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff.

    When are you starting your business of sketching Highlands homes for big money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,

    I am starting last August, and I am already have been rolling in inky dough! By which I mean, I've completed two orders and have a few more lined up but not, at this moment, being worked on.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!