Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More from WHAS



 

And this from Mr. Duncan, the WHAS News assignment manager (man, are they on the case now!):

---

Thanks very much for your email....
Believe it or not, I actually have the answer to this mysterious question (because I asked it myself the very next day after we started using it about 3-4 years ago).

Believe it or not, it's supposed to be a camera lens.  That's what we were told by the folks with the company that produced the graphics package.   It was not something we produced.  Stations typically produce a package of graphics like this that are used for just about everything on their air, from newscasts to promotions, etc.

When we asked what it was they said it was depicting a camera lens rotating, etc. as it focuses, etc.   I think the whole idea was for it to just look very technological, etc.

Hope this helps....

 

----------------

 

To which I replied:

 

Dear Mr. Duncan,

 

Thanks very much for your response. Mr. Szesny also responded.  This wasn't a big deal, certainly, but I haven't seen one of your news programs in the past few weeks and not wondered what I was seeing!  Now I know.

 

I also wrote a couple of months ago, during the ice storm, to enquire about the music you play during school closing listings.  I wondered what the piece was.  I never heard back from anyone at your station, but my brother somehow managed to track down the information (it's Chuck Mangione's "Bellavia.")

 

At any rate, WHAS has been using the music at least since 1978, and it brings back fond memories of snow days from my childhood.  Please don't ever change it!

 

Sincerely,

 

Mark Tabler


2 comments:

  1. You're far more observant than I am. Now I have to watch WHAS news this evening to see what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next thing you know, you'll be Facebook friends with Ray Foushee!

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!