Monday, March 30, 2009

New house drawing in the works

I am working on another house drawing. This is another one in walnut ink. It’s 8x10, and it’s a charity prize (a charity drawing drawing!) There was a combination auction/raffle/spaghetti dinner at my daughters’ preschool to provide funds for new playground equipment. Is it still called playground equipment if it’s one of those big jungle-gym/slide/bridge items, or is the term “playground equipment” only used for things like kick balls and jump ropes? I don’t know. Anyway, there were lots of people who donated items for the auction, and I donated my services as a house-portraitist. A couple who lives a little farther up Highway 22 won, and I started my drawing of their house last week. I’m not far into it, but it’s going well. Next comes the shading and textures, which is more interesting than working to get all the angles right.


2 comments:

  1. I'm convinced this couple got the best prize offered that evening - no contest. I can't wait to see the finished drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like its gonna be a nice one. I was wondering when we would get to see a new project again.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!