Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gardening


The snap peas in my garden are growing well, although my prediction a week-and-a-half ago that I'd have some harvestable peas by Derby Day was probably premature.  I don't even see any flowers on them yet.  Flowers by Derby Day for sure, though.

 

We thinned out the crowded young spinach plants.  We ate some of the ones we thinned, and shared samples with my daughter's classmates.  We're now eating fresh garden produce.

 

Two days ago I planted two tomatoes, two strawberries, two basils, on cilantro, and six broccoli plants.  I have room for two more tomatoes.

 

Next I want to prepare a spot for sunflowers. I'm not sure where that will be.  For a couple of years we've wanted to have a large spot for sunflowers.  I think the best spot for this year will be in front of our bedroom window.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!