Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Well, they look alike to me...


Through work, I am frequently exposed to the logo for the Thrift Savings Plan, which is our employee retirement plan. The weird thing about the TSP logo is that every single time I see it, I think it looks like the Cat in the Hat logo that I see at the top of lots of children's books.



In fact, for a couple of years after I started working here, I thought (not really purposeful, conscious thought, but just as a sort of half-awareness) that the TSP logo was the Cat in the Hat.



It only works if you don't look directly at it. This will be the first time I've ever put the two logos side-by-side. Don't you think that they're twins, if you sort of look at them indirectly?




3 comments:

  1. Actually, the Thrift Savings logo looks like Sam the eagle, from the Muppets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it. I've always said that people who are great vocalist must have some special "thing" in their vocal chords that make them sound so pretty. (because after umpteen years of music education you'd think I'd learn how to make my voice sound great) And now I'm going to theorize that people who are amazing artist have some special "thing" in their eyeballs that allows them to see things that the rest of us cannot, thereby enabling them to draw/paint/create with ease.
    I don't see it. Not even close :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, actually, I do see it. Just a glancing, brief "recognition" that makes one look twice.

    JRB may have something going there.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!