Monday, September 21, 2009

Pumpkin blossoms


I occasionally pick some squash or pumpkin flowers to eat, or at least I do when they are available. Now I don’t have many flowers to pick since most of my plants have died. This photo is from a month or so ago. It’s best to dip them in milk and then in flour, but I think I put these in a plastic container full of flour and seasoning and shook them to coat them. The results weren’t pretty: the shaking tore up the delicate flowers. They still tasted pretty good after being fried in oil, although I made them a little too salty. This is a recipe I’m still perfecting.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of that recipe before - another ethnic people (tribe?) eats squash blossoms like that. Mexican? Greek? You could serve them up with your biscuit on a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't "Squash Blossom" used to air right after "Punky Brewster?"

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!