Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Cooking

I like it when I wing something for dinner and it comes out delicious. Tonight I wanted something to go alongside or atop some cheese tortellini. I had frozen fajita chicken strip (unseasoned) and 3/4 of a white onion and so thought maybe I could use those. I ended up simmering and sautéing them with minced garlic, chopped kale, and yellow squash. Added a little balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. It was good.  I am not keen on, nor good with, elaborate recipes, but at least I occasionally have a knack for figuring out what order in which to throw stuff in the skillet and for how long. I rarely cook with kale, and was nervous it would not work out, but the kale was the best part. It really soaked up the onion and garlic flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!