Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Each day with decent weather, my lunch break question is: Metal detecting or art? It should be art, but more often then not it is detecting. I have, though, sketched a little over the past week, and I want to do more.
 
My attempts to get permission to detect at Bellevoir and at Ten Broeck have ended negatively. There is still the slimmest chance for something at Bellevoir, but it's pretty safe to say that those two places are officially out-of-bounds. Man. Ten Broeck Hospital would have been a fantastic place to hunt.
 
Yesterday I spent lunch at the children's home, around the baseball diamond again. Two marginally interesting finds: An old Tangee rouge cap, and a little key. Both are old-ish, but I haven't been able to date them. If I had to guess, I'd say they dated to about the same era as the Joe E. Brown pin I found, which would probably be 1950-1960. The key is kind of cool. It's little, like a small padlock or locker key, and has a lion on it. It was made by the Master Lock Co. of Milwaukee, which was founded in 1921, so that gives a pretty definite earliest-date for the key. I'll delight you with photos later.


 

1 comment:

  1. You eat the weirdest lunches of anyone I know. At least the metal objects don't cost you anything; eating art for lunch must get expensive, so it's better you're having it less often.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!