Friday, May 16, 2008

Lunch break sketches

The first is in charcoal, the second is graphite. Charcoal I find a more difficult medium because I am not as used to it. One reason I've avoided it is because it's messier than graphite, and I want to keep my sketchbook neat. A couple of months ago, though, I bought a brand new can of spray fixative, so I can just plaster the stuff to the page and keep my pages from being so smudgy. Anyway, I thought these came out decently for quick sketches.
I swear, I took this photo with sunlight shining on the paper. I don't know why it's so dark. I must have had the paper at more of an angle than I intended, or maybe the sun was behind a cloud at that moment and I didn't notice.

2 comments:

  1. What I love about your work is when I look at a large image, the individual strokes/lines look simplistic and crude, but the whole piece is beautiful & complex. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What he said.

    Actually, I just wanted to a line of Homer from tonight's Simpsons. "Son, coin-collecting is a lot like life. They both stopped being fun a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!