Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Food

Well, my "how Mark views the calendar year" post was such a hit, I've decided to share another view of the life of my mind.

 

I spend time thinking about my considerations in food as compared to other members of my family, particularly Kim. It occurred to me that I have two separate, and sometimes competing, categories of desirability when it comes to food- "delicious" and "interesting."  To me, something can be interesting-tasting, causing me to want more, even if there is something unpleasant about the taste. Texture plays a large role here, too, for food can have an interesting feel to it that competes with a dislikable flavor.

 

So I made a chart. Zone 1, of course, is the best, showing examples of food that I find both delicious and interesting. However, anything in zones 2 and 3 are still good. I will eat them and enjoy them.

 

You may note that there isn't much in zone 4. There aren't many things I won't eat. I couldn't think of anything to put in the far corner of zone 4 that anyone would actually consider food.

 

Note: I don't actually visualize any charts while I eat. I had to make this up out of whole cloth just for this blog.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Even now, as I sit here in a turkey-induced stupor, my taste buds concur 100% with your delicious and interesting section. And though I'm currently so stuffed to the gills that sushi w/wasabi is not for me tonight (get it? stuffed to the gills?), but a nice dark beer sounds wonderful. Somebody bring me one, please, because I can't move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, that and/but in my second sentence is really going to bug me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!