Wednesday, November 04, 2009

House drawing

Here's my most recent drawing. It's 5 x 7 inches, and again drawn with my homemade black walnut ink.
 
I've also commenced cutting away more of my linoleum block so that I can print the second color of my reduction-cut garlic clove picture.  I'm finding it very difficult to figure out how much to cut away for the second color. It would be nerve-wracking, except that I can't really attach that adjective to such a slow process.
I also painted for a couple of hours last night! It's the first oil painting I've done in a really long time. I modified a painting that I thought I'd completed six years ago but was never happy enough with, and then worked a little on an unfinished but promising painting that I've had waiting in line since October 2007.
 

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous. Or I would be if I had the energy. I would love to be working on a couple of pieces I've had on the backburner for months! And I've been sending your website to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by your website via a link from a comment you left for me on "Wet Canvas" So glad I did, you artwork is fantastic! I have treid to get on to your website but my internet doesnt seem to want to connect...I will definitely try again later on, I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the very kind compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the walnut ink. Very effective; such a lovely feel to the drawing as a result. Can't wait to see the garlic :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!