Tuesday, November 03, 2009

School bus


This photo is from a few weeks ago. The assignment was for art class, in which they were studying folk art. The students were given a block of wood and told that they must make a toy from recycled, reused, or scrap materials--in the folk art/craft tradition.
 
This particular artist took the "recycle" part pretty literally, and focused mainly on stuff she could pull from our recycle bin. She decided to make a school bus, and created it all herself (there was minimal parental help, consisting mainly of helping her press down the Scotch Tape firmly.)
 
I'm so proud of her!
 

2 comments:

  1. you should be proud of her!!! It is obvious she has inherited creativity from her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus was very nice. I saw it up close and the photo doesn't do it justice. She really did a nice job on it. I'm a little proud of her myself.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!