Wednesday, March 31, 2010

lunctime detecting, Wednesday

I metal detected a little at lunch today. I found a dime and a few aluminum cans.

 

The best thing, though, was when I pulled up a can from under the weeds with the intention of recycling it. I could feel that it was full of mud, so I cut it apart with my garden knife to shake the dirt out of it.

 

I saw something brown and orange, and it moved. I realized I was looking at a little tail. There was little muddy salamander living in the can.

 

I took a picture with my cell phone camera, but I don't know if it will come out. I'll have to check that later.

 

After releasing the salamander, I found another can, and when I picked it up there was another salamander under it.

 

I turned over a cut piece of tree trunk and saw two more salamanders. All of them were 3 or 4 inches long. They were pretty cute.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!