Thursday, April 01, 2010

Topics


 

Art:

 

I was up late painting a picture of a car. It is coming along well, I think. This is a commission. I normally would not do a painting of a car.

 

I have way more ideas than I have time to work on. I'm sure this is a problem that lots a people would like to have. However, it makes it hard to decide what to do next. That is sort of being decided for me, though, as I have one more commission in the wings and a prospective landmark-drawing business opportunity coming up.

 

Last night I had a great idea for a series of lino block prints. It would be fun to do five or six images of Adam and Eve. I have images in my head of Adam and Eve playing poker with a unicorn and a monkey; Adam chasing the snake with a hoe; that sort of thing. Eh, maybe not.

 

I have lots of very old oil paints that are artist-grade, and which came from a yard sale or something fifteen years ago. Some of the tubes of paint are obviously much older than that.  The paint seems to be in decent shape, but the tubes are terrible. They are falling apart, the caps are stuck on, the labels are unreadable and crumbling, and sticky linseed oil coats them. I need to find some containers to put them in, I think. Baby food jars seem too big. I might have some small plastic containers, but I don't know how suitable the plastic is for storing oils. I doubt there would be a problem, but I'd have to mull it over a bit longer.

 

 

Garden:

 

The girls have planted flower seeds. Some of this is supposed to be a secret kept from their mother, so if you are Kim, forget you read this (that's a joke. Kim already knows, and just pretends she doesn't).

 

Today I bought some more seeds: fennel, green onions, spinach, peas, and two types of sweet corn.

 

Helga gave us some bee balm and two other types of perennial, the names of which I forgot. I also can't remember what she said they look like, so there'll be all kinds of garden surprises.

 

 

Coins:

 

No news to report for months and months.

 

1 comment:

  1. If you paint Adam and Eve playing poker, I will buy it! Maybe have Eve cheating...like an Ace sticking out from behind the fig leaf.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!