Tuesday, September 05, 2006

All day sneezing and my lips feel numb.

Yesterday, while weed-whackin', my spinny cutter cord hit a small pile of dead grass from the last time I mowed. A cloud of gray mold spores puffed out, looking like cigarette smoke. I repeated this action numerously, and numerously got the puff of spores. Beautiful and apalling. I wonder if that is why I'm sneezing? I didn't feel bad yesterday, but those spores had all night long to grow into greasy, snotty mushrooms inside my sinus cavities.

Also, while inspecting my tomatoes, I saw a jumping spider carrying a dead cricket by the head. Beautiful and apalling.

This blog is also supposed to be about skepticism, too. I can't afford any more mental energy or typing time for it right now, except to say that this Rupert Sheldrake fellow sounds like he might be onto something. Something narcotic and mind-altering, that is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2344196,00.html


Scientists angered by telephone telepathy study  By Mark Henderson, Science Editor of The Times
A furious row broke out today at Britain's premier science forum over the decision to allow believers in the paranormal to promote their views without challenge from the mainstream.
NI_MPU('middle');
The row was triggered by the British Association for the Advancement of Science's decision to showcase highly controversial research purporting to demonstrate telepathy and life after death.
Critics including Lord Winston and Sir Walter Bodmer, both past presidents of the BA, expressed particular alarm that three speakers who think paranormal phenomena are real were allowed to hold a press conference without challenge from sceptics. Some said telepathy has already been found wanting in experiments, and has no place at a scientific meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!