Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I suppose that was the rainiest Halloween I can remember. It wasn't pouring rain, but it was a fairly continuous sprinkle that sometimes turned to drizzle. Kim's mom showed up, and we took Erin and Jill up and down the street. We ended up traveling with a group of neighbors, as well as Brooke, Nathan, and Kimberly.

Seven trick-or-treaters had been to our door by the time I went to pick up a pizza. When I got back, Kim told me that we'd had lots more, maybe 25-35. After my return, we had four more, so I guess I missed the rush.

Kim and Erin had made dark chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting earlier. They were decorated with M&Ms, candy corn, and sprinkles.

After the girls went to bed and Kim fell asleep on the couch, I watched some more of "The Haunting," then about half an episode of Futurama. Then bed.

When I left for work at 6:30 this morning, two of my three jack-o'-lanterns were still lit. I blew them out, thanked them for their kind service, rolled the garbage cans to the street, and drove off. It is still raining.

All in all, it was a very nice Halloween evening. I tried to post some pics last night, but Blogspot was being disagreeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!