Thursday, January 31, 2008

The most important thing I’ve done in weeks

…and no, it has nothing to do with metal detecting.

My parents bought a tall corner cabinet at a yard sale, painted so that it looked cute, and gave it to us to put in Jill’s room. It’s a nice, and quite useful, bit of furniture, and we finally placed it in her room the week after Christmas.

However, it was not bolted to the wall. That was a constant worry for me. Really, it was quite negligent of me to have allowed it to stand unbolted for so long, since it toppled quite easily (Erin or Jill could have done that without straining themselves) and no doubt was quite capable of killing a small child outright on its way down.

So last night, while home alone for a little while, I cut a couple of lengths from a 1x3 piece of pine to use as brackets, got out the drill and a couple of tool boxes, and screwed it to the wall.

It’s nice to have an hour or so where I’m actually doing something useful.

1 comment:

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!