Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Site research update

Well, I’ve been in contact with the director at the second site I mentioned. The response was better than I expected, but not as good as I hoped—but there might be potential for some detecting fun. He said detecting on the property was permissible, but that I must stay away from the buildings, since some of them (often or always? I don’t know) have children that I shouldn’t be near. He said that just to be safe I should stay away from the buildings.

Areas near buildings are the best places, since they had the most foot traffic, so that is a bit of a bummer. However, there still might be something worth looking at there: There is a sports field around which I could probably detect, and some detective work might reveal sites of structures long since vanished. I think it certainly can bear more investigation.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, beware. This is how many Lovecraft novels begin. "I was setting about at the old mill to catch a glimpse of some late-season starlings when a tentacled horror from beyond madness gave me the smackdown."

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!