Wednesday, April 23, 2008

sketching and pollen

On lunch break today I went to the grounds of the old Bellevoir mansion, a former estate of the Ormsby family, for a little sketching. It's a nice old house, and the lawn and trees are very pretty, albeit a little more manicured than I'd prefer. It's a great spot to draw or paint, I recently hypothesized when I discovered the area. It would also a great place for a little MDing (actually, a LOT of MDing) if I can get permission.
 
So I sat under a tree for 45 minutes and drew the house and nearby trees with graphite. It was great, except for the yellowjacket that was keen on my shoes (I slapped him down with my sketchbook for his impertinence) and the ants that kept raining from the tree above me.
 
Also, when a breeze started up, I noted that the largest tree hanging over the house cut loose with a giant cloud of pollen that partially obscured the roof of the house and nearby vegetation in a sickly yellow-green haze. No wonder I've been sneezy lately.


 


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!